Boxford doctor’s surgery have asked us to pass on the following information about appointments in Boxford.
We would like to update all our patients regarding the recent developments in the spread of Covid-19 (Coronavirus).
We are continuously reviewing how we can deliver our services and taking into consideration the importance of social distancing and delaying the spread of the virus.
To support this we have had to take some important steps and changes:
- All our face-to-face appointments will be scheduled at the Hadleigh Health Centre. Boxford Mill Surgery dispensary will remain open but we will only see patients at Hadleigh where we have adequate isolation facilities and staff support
- We have had to suspend our online appointment booking system for the ‘on the day appointments’ – this will ensure that every call is triaged by a healthcare professional before the patient attends.
- All patients who have already booked an appointment in advance will be telephoned by a healthcare professional prior to them attending.
- We have turned off our self- checking in screen to avoid the risk of spread.
- Until further notice, all prescriptions will continue to be issued for one month.
- We may have to consider postponing some routine appointments.
Please regularly check our website for updated information (https://www.hadleighhealth.co.uk/)
Stay at home and isolate for 14 days if you have any of the following:
- A high temperature (37.8 degrees and above)
- A new continuous cough
- Think you may have coronavirus
- Living with someone who has these symptoms
- For anyone in the household who starts displaying symptoms, they need to stay at home for 7 days from when the symptoms appeared, regardless of what day they are on in the original 14-day isolation period.
DO NOT come down to the surgery, pharmacy or to the hospital
You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you are staying at home. However, if you feel your symptoms are worsening go to https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19